Parts Sales Vacancy
Parts salesperson provides spare and replacement parts for consumer products being motor vehicles. You have to identify the correct part or a suitable substitute based on an examination of the damaged part or the customer's description of the problem. Maintain inventory and track down rare parts for older machines and equipment. You would sell motor parts and accessories to garages, car dealerships and the general public.
JMC Westrand office (Ruimsig, Gauteng).
- Determines the correct replacement or spare part for a customer by inspecting the old part, having the customer describe the problem and searching for stock numbers and prices.
- Advising customers what parts they might need for their vehicle taking orders in person, over the phone and via email checking availability of parts on computer stock records getting parts from the storeroom or warehouse or, if out of stock, ordering them from suppliers putting orders together, and arranging for them to be sent by courier, or making deliveries yourself;
- Dealing with payments raising invoices and issuing receipts;
- Must be familiar with all the spare parts, vehicles we are dealing with, spare parts system and catalogue.
- Assisting customers telephonically and personally to help confirm the spare parts and give a verbal quotation. Ensure a formal written quotation has been issued in a proper communication manner.
- Dealing directly with Dealers both verbally and via email for orders.
- Delivery checks. Once parts have been taken from the warehouse, ensure the parts are correct, undamaged and if the quantity is correct.
- Be active in selling parts, suggestions on how to increase the sales or proper promotion plans are appreciated.
- Enquiry feedback. When a customer asks for parts which are unavailable at the time, it needs to be reported to the Parts Supervisor to check if we can do something for the customer. This part must also be put onto the spare parts monitor board to remind all relevant people.
- Must always be familiar with the stock status (both inventory and parts on the way).
- Keep in contact with Customers who are waiting for stock, keep them informed as to the estimated time of availability.
- Dealing with parts requests/orders from workshop, give quotation, issue invoice, handover invoice and parts request to the service advisor.
- Responsible for any non-system and non-customer fault. Such as incorrect quotation, incorrect parts given to customer, incorrect quantities or problematic parts.
- Respond to business problems or customer complaints timeously. Any problems regarding spares/parts should not be hidden. Direct complaints from Customer to Management.
- Maintaining good working relationships between customers, dealerships and manufacturers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong communication skills in order to work with customers, employees, finance and dealerships they represent the dealership.
- Willingness to work extended hours, evenings and weekends to achieve their goals when needed.
- Knowledge of activities, methods, procedures and policies of the service and parts department.
- Good organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- An ability to prioritize workload
- An ability to work as part of a team and on your own
- An eye for detail
- Valid driver’s license
- Clear criminal record
- Computer working knowledge on Microsoft office packages and Automate
Salary Range & Benefits
- Salary – basic
- MIBFA provident fund.
Applications CV’s can be emailed directly to the HR manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you had no feedback within two weeks from submission of your CV, you may deem your application unsuccessful.